SUSTAINABLE FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS : SUSTAINABLE FURNITURE
SUSTAINABLE FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS : LEATHER FURNITURE IN NEW YORK : ECHO LEATHER FURNITURE.
Sustainable Furniture Manufacturers
- A person or company that makes goods for sale
- (manufacture) put together out of artificial or natural components or parts; "the company fabricates plastic chairs"; "They manufacture small toys"; He manufactured a popular cereal"
- (manufacture) industry: the organized action of making of goods and services for sale; "American industry is making increased use of computers to control production"
- (manufacture) create or produce in a mechanical way; "This novelist has been manufacturing his books following his initial success"
- capable of being sustained
- Able to be upheld or defended
- Able to be maintained at a certain rate or level
- Sustainability is the capacity to endure. In ecology the word describes how biological systems remain diverse and productive over time. For humans it is the potential for long-term maintenance of well being, which in turn depends on the maintenance of the natural world and natural resources.
- (esp. of development, exploitation, or agriculture) Conserving an ecological balance by avoiding depletion of natural resources
- (sustainability) the property of being sustainable
- Small accessories or fittings for a particular use or piece of equipment
- Large movable equipment, such as tables and chairs, used to make a house, office, or other space suitable for living or working
- Furniture + 2 is the most recent EP released by American post-hardcore band Fugazi. It was recorded in January and February 2001, the same time that the band was recording their last album, The Argument, and released in October 2001 on 7" and on CD.
- A person's habitual attitude, outlook, and way of thinking
- furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
- Furniture is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above the ground, or to store things.
Toolbox for Sustainable City Living: A do-it-Ourselves Guide
The tools you need to create self-sufficient, ecologically sustainable cities
“A surprisingly effective model for connecting people with dreams to the resources they need.” —Austin Chronicle
With more than half the world’s population now residing—and struggling to survive—in cities, we can no longer afford to think of sustainability as something that applies only to forests and fields. We need sustainable living right where so many of us are: in urban neighborhoods. But how do we do it?
That’s where Toolbox for Sustainable City Living comes in. In 2000 the dynamic Rhizome Collective transformed an abandoned warehouse in Austin, Texas, into a sustainability training center. Here, with their first book, Scott and Stacy, two of Rhizome’s founders, provide city dwellers—those who have never foraged or gardened along with those who dumpster-dive and belong to CSAs—with step-by- step instructions for producing our own food, collecting water, managing waste, reclaiming land, and generating energy.
With vibrant illustrations created by Juan Martinez of the Beehive Collective and descriptive text based on years of experimentation, Stacy and Scott explain how to build and grow with cheap, salvaged, and recycled materials. More than a how-to manual, Toolbox is packed with accessible and relevant tools to help move our communities from envisioning a sustainable future toward living it.
Scott Kellogg a Stacy Pettigrew are co-founders of the Rhizome Collective, an educational and activist organization based in Austin, Texas, that recently received a $200,000 grant from the EPA to clean up a 10-acre brownfield that they are transforming into an ecological justice park. Toolbox developed out of R.U.S.T.—Radical Urban Sustainability Training—their intensive weekend seminar in urban ecological survival skills.
Studio Dunn uses classic materials to create progressive designs for products, furniture and environments. The studio is led by designer and founder Asher Dunn, his experimental process balances conceptual and functional concerns - combining traditional manufacturing techniques with advances in manufacturing technologies.
Studio Dunn is based in Rhode Island, the birthplace of the American industrial revolution. Unlike numerous businesses in the region that moved operations to the southern US regions or outside of the US after the Great Depression, Rhode Island has retained a dense manufacturing culture. Rhode Island is presently emerging as a leader in fine arts, industrial arts, and social entrepreneurship. Studio Dunn is committed to supporting the local businesses and economy. Combining in-house manufacturing with a local network of manufacturers and artisans, all of the studio’s designs are manufactured by craftspeople located within 50 miles of the Studio Dunn headquarters. Studio Dunn was born out of Keeseh Studio, a community woodshop, whose members play an important role in the development of Studio Dunn’s works.
The studio adopts a conscious use of materials, considering ways to reuse materials, minimize waste, and benefit the environment without compromising the integrity of the designs. Studio Dunn works in woods, metals, glass, and ceramics though focuses primarily in the area of woodwork. The studio uses solid American hardwoods sourced from sustainable forests. These managed forests replant the timber that is used to continue the cycle of life, minimizing the impact on the environment.
cobi chair. Tom Lloyd (British, b. 1966) and Luke Pearson (British, b. 1967), PearsonLloyd, and Bruce Smith (American, b. 1954), Steelcase Design Studio. Manufactured by Steelcase. United States, 2008. Polypropylene, thermoplastic vulcanizate, steel, aluminum, nylon, polyurethane foam. Courtesy of designers
Cobi is a new category of seating that promotes collaboration without fatigue in team workspaces while adhering to strict environmental standards in the chair’s production process. Steelcase, one of the largest office-furniture manufacturers in the world and a longtime innovator in sustainable practices, has reduced its greenhouse-gas emissions by 49% and its water consumption by 64% since 2001. It has also reduced its waste by 71% and is developing new packaging options, which include no carton for approximately half of its seating products. With the Cobi chair, Steelcase, in collaboration with McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry LLC, achieves cradle-to-cradle standards, which take into consideration the entire lifecycle of the product. The chair is designed to be easily disassembled for recycling or to replace the fabric, and supports a wide range of postures, with only one manual adjustment for seat height. An intuitive weight-activated mechanism automatically responds to the user’s movement. The rubber-like top edge gives way and provides comfort as opposed to resistance when users drape an arm over the back of the chair.
sustainable furniture manufacturers
Sustainable design is gaining prominence as a pivotal issue for the future of contemporary practice at the best design schools and at professional design conferences.
Graphic designers and their clients are increasingly demanding sustainable solutions. Designers want to address these needs when presenting their work for consideration. As businesses continue to adapt to and provide environmental solutions with their own products, they are demanding it from their creative partners, and designers need to be on the forefront of these initiatives by being well informed. SustainAble will provide the information they need to be ahead of the curve on sustainability issues, inform them on sustainable applications and to approach the issue of sustainability in the areas of paper, printing, formats, materials, inks, and executions.
furniture stores in the dc area
fable 2 buying furniture
modern furniture stores in los angeles
furniture grade pvc pipe fittings
in home furniture delivery
zion crossroads discount furniture
grand designs by standard furniture
Post a comment